Your teeth are important for more than just biting and chewing. They also directly influence your self-esteem. Even the smallest of flaws can make you feel self-conscious about your smile. You don’t need to live with the imperfections. D Smiles Family Dentistry can quickly and easily fix minor aesthetic concerns with dental bonding. After just one appointment, you can have a picture-perfect smile you’ll be proud to show off.
WHAT IS DENTAL BONDING?
Dental bonding is a simple, yet effective cosmetic procedure that improves the overall color, size, and shape of a tooth. Also called cosmetic bonding, a composite resin material is used to fix several issues, such as:
- Dark tooth discoloration
- Chips or cracks
- Exposed tooth roots
- Small gaps between teeth
- Shorter than average teeth
The resin is customized to match your teeth to blend in with your enamel. No one will know it’s not your natural tooth, so you can smile confidently.
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE LIKE?
You’ll first need an initial consultation at our Gainesville, VA office to allow Dr. Kim-Ngan Do to evaluate your cosmetic concerns and discuss the results you want to achieve. She’ll determine if you’re a candidate for the procedure and create the customized plan you need to transform your teeth.
Dental bonding is a minimally invasive treatment, so it doesn’t require sedation or any special preparations. In fact, you might not even need a local anesthetic. After your teeth are cleaned, Dr. Do will apply a special solution to your tooth to open the pores in your enamel. The resin material, which has been customized to match your teeth, is applied and molded into the ideal shape. Dr. Do uses a special light to quickly harden it. Your tooth is smoothed and polished, so you can walk out of our office with the beautiful smile you deserve.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF DENTAL BONDING?
Dental bonding offers several advantages over other treatments to help you achieve your dream smile and many added benefits, such as:
- Dramatic results after just one appointment.
- Noninvasive and doesn’t permanently alter your teeth.
- Natural-looking results.
- Affordable and convenient.
- Durable to last for many years.
HOW LONG WILL MY RESULTS LAST?
Your new smile can last for a decade or longer with the right care. To protect your investment, D Smiles Family Dentistry recommends a few simple tips to keep in mind:
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and nonabrasive toothpaste.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day for 2 minutes each session.
- Use a high-quality dental floss to clean in between each tooth daily.
- Don’t chew on inedible objects.
- Don’t use your teeth as tools.
- Avoids stain-causing factors, like coffee, smoking, and berries.
- Visit your dentist at least twice a year for a cleaning and checkup.