Single Tooth Replacement – Gainesville, VA
Replace Your Missing Tooth with a Dental Implant
Although several advancements in dentistry now make it possible to preserve natural teeth for longer, 120 million Americans are missing at least one tooth. If you are among those who have a missing tooth, your quality of life and your confidence have significantly declined. Now, you can no longer enjoy your favorite foods while your words also sound slurred. You can overcome the challenges of missing teeth with a bridge or dental implants in Gainesville. At D Smiles Family Dentistry, we have the solutions you need to restore a healthy, functional smile.
Single Tooth Replacement Options
When you lose a tooth, you also lose the root. This causes serious changes to develop below your gum tissue. The missing root causes your jawbone to deteriorate because it is no longer stimulated. Over time, this makes your remaining teeth shift toward the open space. This creates changes to the alignment of your teeth, making them harder to clean. As a result, you develop a heightened risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
If the tooth is not replaced quickly, it will eventually make your remaining teeth become loose and fall out. You will also see changes to your facial features because they no longer have adequate support.
We can help you stop the complications of tooth loss with a treatment option that is right for you.
- Fixed Bridge: A fixed bridge is more commonly known as a bridge and crowns. A prosthetic tooth is designed to fill the empty space. It is held in place by attaching dental crowns to your adjacent teeth. This is an economical solution to complete your smile for about 5 years before needing to have it replaced.
- Single Tooth Implant: Both the root and the crown can be replaced with a dental implant. A titanium implant post is surgically placed into your jawbone. A custom-made crown is attached to it by placing an abutment on the post. Your new smile can last for a lifetime if you care for it properly.
Benefits of a Dental Implant
Dental implants are the only treatment to replace both the root and the crown of a tooth. As a result, they offer exceptional benefits that are not possible with any other treatment.
- Over a 95% 10-year success rate.
- Looks like a real tooth due to all-ceramic material.
- Feels natural to eliminate any slipping or irritation.
- Regain as much as 70% of your biting force.
- Stimulates new bone growth.
- Improves your oral health.
- Does not alter your healthy teeth.
- Improves your confidence.
- Protects your facial structures.
- Potential to last for several decades.
- Reduces the risk of additional tooth loss.
- Cost-effective because it does not need to be replaced.
Complete Your Smile Today!
You can enjoy your favorite foods again while smiling with confidence by replacing your missing tooth. We help you find the best treatment to meet your needs and your lifestyle. Contact D Smiles Family Dentistry today to schedule your consultation with your dentist in Gainesville.