April 8, 2018
Have you been suffering from missing teeth and desire to have your way of life and full confidence restored? If you’re ready to make a positive change, then your local dentist is weighing in to give you 3 reasons why dental implants in Gainesville are the best option for a full restoration, both functionally and aesthetically. Read on to learn more!
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are considered to be the gold standard for replacing missing teeth. The process involves the surgical insertion of a titanium post beneath the gum line into your jaw bone, which acts as the missing roots of your teeth.
Usually a three-step procedure, it includes the following:
- It begins with your dentist placing the implant at the first visit and then allowing a period of healing and fusing of your natural bone around the titanium post.
- After the swelling has subdued, you’ll return to have an abutment attached to the implant. This is an anchor that will be used to connect the post to a permanent fixture – like a crown (for a single tooth) or bridge (for consecutive missing teeth).
- Later, you will have the permanent fixture attached, leaving with a fully restored smile.
Still, you may be wondering why this procedure is considered to be the best option.
3 Reasons Why Dental Implants are Your Best Option for Restoration
When you have missing teeth, you want to go with the best method of restoring both your aesthetic and functional qualities. Here are some of the reasons that the dental implant procedure is the best for achieving that end:
- Protect Facial Bone – When you go for a prolonged period of time without your teeth, your jaw bone slows down its production of bone cells. As a result, your entire facial structure will start to change and collapse from the absence of the necessary bone regeneration. Because dental implants affix to your jaw bone and fuse with it, the needed tension is provided that triggers new bone growth.
- More Confidence – Not only will you have a sounder structure with dental implants, you will also enjoy a better-looking smile. This is because the way your implant mimics your missing roots provides solid a foundation, and consequently, a more natural look to your smile.
- Longevity – You can expect a longer lasting application with the dental implant procedure as well. Titanium is an extremely strong and durable material that can withstand the rigors of chewing and normal occlusion of your teeth. This is also attractive because you want to know that your investment in your oral health is well made.
Why the Time is Now to Act
The time is now to act because the longer you wait, the more bone loss you’ll endure from having missing teeth. Thus, taking the more proactive approach of reaching out to your Gainesville dentist to schedule a consultation today will start you down the path to a fully restored future!
About the Author
A graduate of Temple University Kornberg School of Dentistry, Dr. Kim-Ngan offers an array of services, including dental implants. She is passionate about treating her patients like she would like to be treated, while ushering them to a life of improved oral health. Dr. Kim-Ngan practices at D Smile Family Dentistry and can be reached for more information through her website.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.